*Top Hitter of the Day*
- Josh Stowers, RF – Charleston RiverDogs – New York Yankees – – 3-5, 2 HR (3,4), 3B, 3R, 3RBi – – Stowers, who comes in at the 25th spot on MLB Pipeline’s New York Yankees top 30 list, clubbed his third and fourth home runs last night despite the River Dogs falling to Asheville. After center fielder Brandon Lockridge led off the game with a strikeout looking, Stowers laced the first triple of his pro career to left field, but was left stranded, as left fielder Canaan Smith and first baseman Mickey Gasper followed with two strikeouts to end the inning. The 6’1″- 200 lb. righty flied out to right in the third, but rebounded in the fourth blasting a two-run shot for his first on the night. The River Dogs came up empty in the fifth and sixth and innings, but Stowers cut the Tourist’s 8-4 lead by one with his second homer on the night to right field. Charleston chipped away at the lead scoring four runs over the next three innings, but fell short, going down by a score of 10-8.
- Joe Rizzo, 3B – Modesto Nuts – Seattle Mariners – – 2-4, 2B, R, K – – All but one game was played last night in the Cal League due to rain, yet Modesto third baseman Joe Rizzo keeps on raining hits. the 5’9″- 195 lb. lefty collected two more last night including a lead off double (his twelfth, which ranks him third in the Cal League) in Modesto’s half of the first, and his one run scored in the third proved to be the game winner, as three Nuts pitchers scattered seven hits, giving up only one earned run, and beat San Jose by a score of 4-1.
- Oscar Gonzalez, LF – Lynchburg Hillcats – Cleveland Indians – – 1-5, HR (4), R, RBi, 2K –– With his fifth inning solo home run last night versus Carolina, Gonzalez overtook the Carolina League lead in total bases (91) from Boston prospect – and regular here – Jarren Duran (90), who went 1-for-3 with a single, run scored, a walk and a stolen base against Wilmington.
- Gavin Collins, C – Lynchburg Hillcats – Cleveland Indians –– 2-4, 2 2B, 3RBi, BB, K –
- Jose Vicente, 1B – Lynchburg Hillcats – Cleveland Indians –– 3-5, HR (2), 2R, 2RBi –
- Ryan Dorow, 3B – Down East Wood Ducks – Texas Rangers – – 2-4, HR (8), 2B, R, 2RBi – – Dorow hit his eighth home run on the season and his fourth homer in as many days last night against Potomac. Since the Nationals came to town Monday, the 2017 – 30th round draft choice out of Adrian HS (MI) has seven hits, five runs scored and nine runs batted in. In Dorow’s previous two series (at Potomac and at home against Winston-Salem), he went 4-for-27 with a double, one run scored and an RBi.
- Colton Shaver, 1B – Fayetteville Woodpeckers – Houston Astros – – 3-4, 2B, 2RBi –
- Trevor Craport, LF – Frederick Keys – Baltimore Orioles – – 2-3, 2 2B, R, 5RBi, BB –
- Pedro Castellanos, 1B – Salem Red Sox – Boston Red Sox – – 2-2, HR (1), 2R, RBi, BB – Boston’s twenty-sixth ranked prospect (Pipeline) clubbed his first home run of 2019, a third inning solo shot.
Florida State League:
- Chavez Young, CF – Dunedin Blue Jays – Toronto Blue Jays – – 3-5, HR (2), 2R, 2RBi, BB –
- Taylor Walls, SS – Charlotte Stone Crabs – Tampa Bay Rays – – 2-4, HR (3), R, 2RBi, K, SB (6) –
- Lars Nootbaar, LF – Palm Beach Cardinals – St. Louis Cardinals – – 3-4, 2B, R, 3RBi, BB –
- Austin Dennis, RF – Quad Cities River Bandits – Houston Astros – – 4-5, R –
- Alek Thomas, CF – Kane County Cougars – Arizona Diamondbacks – – 4-4. 3R, 2RBi, BB –
- Eduardo Diaz, LF – Kane County Cougars – Arizona Diamondbacks – – 3-5, 2B, 2R, RBi, SB (8) –
- Niko Hulsizer, LF – Great Lakes Loons – Los Angeles Dodgers –– 1-4, HR (11), 2R, 2RBi, K –
- Dillon Paulson, 1B – Great Lakes Loons – Los Angeles Dodgers –– 3-5, 2B, 2R, K –
- Reggie Pruitt, CF – Lansing Lugnuts – Toronto Blue Jays – – 1-4, 2B, 3R, BB, 2K, 3 SB (19,20,21) – – The Blue Jays unranked prospect has a firm hold on the Midwest League stolen bases lead swiping another three bags last night. In the second game of the season, the 6’0″- 180 lb. righty stole three against Fort Wayne, and has eight stolen bases over his last five games.
- Brice Turang, 2B – Wisconsin Timber Rattlers – Milwaukee Brewers – – 4-4, 2R, RBi –
South Atlantic League:
- Justin Dean, CF – Rome Braves – Atlanta Braves –– 2-2, HR (3), 2R, 2RBi, 3BB –
- Trey Harris, RF – Rome Braves – Atlanta Braves –– 1-5, HR (8), R, 2RBi, K –
- Mikey Edie, RF – Augusta GreenJackets – San Francisco Giants –– 3-4, 2B, 3R, RBi –
- Fabricio Macias, LF – Greensboro Grasshoppers – Pittsburgh Pirates –– 2-4, HR (6), 2B, 2R, 2RBi, BB –
- Rodolfo Castro, SS – Greensboro Grasshoppers – Pittsburgh Pirates –– 2-5, HR (12), 2B, 2R, 4RBi, K –– With Texas Rangers prospect Samuel Huff in HiA with the Down East Wood Ducks, Castro is now the South Atlantic League’s active home run leader, blasting his twelfth on the season, a three-run shot in what was a seven-run ninth inning for the Grasshoppers, where they sent ten hitters to the plate. In fact, thirteen of Greensboro’s 17 runs came in the bookend innings, scoring six runs in the first and the seven in the ninth.
- Lolo Sanchez, CF – Greensboro Grasshoppers – Pittsburgh Pirates –– 2-5, 2R, RBi, BB, SB (18) –– As Castro owns the active Sally League home run lead, the Pirates #16 ranked prospect holds the lead in stolen bases, swiping his 18th last night in the eighth inning.