*Top Hitter of the Day*
- Jeisson Rosario, CF – Lake Elsinore Storm – San Diego Padres – – 4-4, HR (1), 3 2B, 2R, 2RBi – – The Padres number 21 ranked prospect showed signs of breaking out of a season long slump, registering his first four-hit game, and “legged out” his first home run on the season, an inside-the-parker to left in the fourth inning. The lefty swinging Dominican Republic signee (2016) also rapped out three doubles, as many as he had in his previous 28 games. Despite his 4-for-4 performance, Rosario’s two runs scored and two RBi’s was all the Storm needed to put down Cal League leading Visalia (22-10) in a 5-1 victory. Fellow 19-year-old and top prospect Luis Patino also shined improving to 2-3 on the year by tossing six innings of two-hit ball, giving up one earned run with two walks and seven punch outs.
- Alfonso Rivas, 1B – Stockton Ports – Oakland A’s – – 3-5, HR (3), 2B, R, RBi –
- Austin Beck, CF – Stockton Ports – Oakland A’s –– 3-5, 2 2B, R, RBi –
- Carlos Herrera, 2B – Lancaster Jethawks – Colorado Rockies – – 2-5, HR (5), 2B, R, 3RBi, K –
- Seth Beer, 1B – Fayetteville Woodpeckers – Houston Astros – – 2-4, HR (7), 2B, R, RBi, K – – The former Clemson Tiger continued his steady ascent up the Carolina League leaderboard with his seventh homer of the season, a two-out solo shot in the first inning, but that was all the runs the Woodpecker’s offense could muster, falling to Carolina (18-13) by a score of 5-1. The 6’3″- 195 lb. lefty now sits second in total bases behind Chicago’s Luis Robert, which amplifies even more the dominance Robert imposed upon the Carolina League. Robert has registered seven games in Double-A thus far and Beer still trails him in total bases by four. (69 to 65).
- Wilbis Santiago, 2B – Lynchburg Hillcats – Cleveland Indians – – 3-5, 2 B, 2R, 2RBi –
- Oscar Gonzalez, DH – Lynchburg Hillcats – Cleveland Indians –– 2-5, 2B, R, RBi, K –
Florida State League:
- Trevor Larnach, RF – Fort Myers Miracle – Minnesota Twins – – 3-5, 2 HR (1,2), 2R, 4RBi – – Minnesota’s first round draft choice in 2018 and current number five ranked prospect hit his first two home runs on the season and has logged 12 hits in 29 at-bats over his last seven games (.414).
- Lewin Diaz, 1B – Fort Myers Miracle – Minnesota Twins –– 2-5, HR (2), 2B, R, 2RBi –
- Garrett Whitley, LF – Charlotte Stone Crabs – Tampa Bay Rays – – 2-4, HR (3), 3R, 3RBi – – The Niskayuna, NY native scored three runs, drove in three and knocked his first homer on the season last night versus Fort Myers, but the Stone Crabs fell short, losing 9-7 to the Florida State League South division leading Miracle (21-11). Whitley registered two hits for the first time since April 28 and has only five multi-hit games on the season.
- Calvin Mitchell, RF – Bradenton Marauders – Pittsburgh Pirates – – 4-5, 3B, 2B, 2RBi – – The 2017 – second round draft choice out of Rancho Bernardo HS (CA) pulled himself into a tie for the Florida State League lead in total bases (61) after his first four-hit game of the season, including his first triple since April 8. The 6’0″- 210 lb. lefty has also collected a hit in 10 out of his last 11 games (16-for-45; .356).
- Julio Rodriguez, C – Palm Beach Cardinals – St. Louis Cardinals – – 3-4, HR (4), R, 2RBi – – The unranked Cardinals prospect leads all Florida State League (regular) catchers in batting (.359) and OPS (.945). The 21-year-old also sits behind only Lakeland’s Brady Policelli (61) in total bases (42), and is currently riding a 12-game on-base streak.
- Jerar Encarnacion, RF – Clinton Lumberkings – Miami Marlins – – 2-4, HR (6), 2B, R, 3RBi, K – – The righty-swinging Dominican added two more hits (to his league leading 40) and clubbed his first home run since April 20 to help lead Clinton to a 4-0 victory over Dayton. The 21-year-old righty also leads the Midwest League in total bases (66), with Cardinals phenom Nolan Gorman trailing by seven (59).
- Ulrich Bojarski, LF – West Michigan Whitecaps – Detroit Tigers – – 3-5, 2B, 2R, K, SB (1) – – The East London, South Africa native has supplanted himself at the top of the Midwest League leaders this season with another three hits last night against Peoria. Ulrich has logged eight hits over his last three games 8-for-14 (.571) after suffering a mini 1-for-15 slump in his previous four games (between April 28 – May 3).
South Atlantic League:
- The South Atlantic League had a scheduled day off on Tuesday.