*Top Hitter of the Day*
- Ben Rortvedt, C – Fort Myers Miracle – Minnesota Twins – – 4-5, HR (1), 2 2B, 3R, 3RBi – – The Twins #24 prospect (Pipeline) had a day at the plate, collecting four of his nine hits on the season, including his first home run (a leadoff homer in the fourth).
- Casey Golden, RF – Lancaster Jethawks – Colorado Rockies –– 1-4, 2B, 2R, 2K – – Golden climbed into a tie for the Cal League total bases lead (26) with Lake Elsinore (SD) catcher Luis Campusano last night. The 2017 – 20th rounder struck out and lined out in his first two at-bats, but doubled to lead off the sixth, then moved to third after RC pitcher Sven Schueller uncorked a wild pitch. First baseman Luis Castro singled to center scoring Golden. After a four-hit performance on April 10, Campusano has slowed down a bit, collecting five hits in his last 16 at-bats (.313), yet still sits on a .474 average, which leads the Cal League.
- Cal Raleigh, C – Modesto Nuts – Seattle Mariners – – 1-4, HR (2), R, 3RBi
- Sean Bouchard, 3B – Lancaster Jethawks – Colorado Rockies – – 3-5, 2 2B, R, 2RBi, K
- Ramon Marcelino, LF – Lancaster Jethawks – Colorado Rockies – – 2-4, HR (2), 2R, 3RBi, BB, K
- Anderson Tejeda, SS – Down East Wood Ducks – Texas Rangers – – 2-5, 2 HR (1,2), 2R, 3RBi – – The Rangers #4 prospect (Pipeline) clubbed his first two home runs on the season (a two-run shot in the third, then a leadoff shot in the fifth) versus Lynchburg. Tejeda ranks second in the Carolina League in total bases (25) behind uber prospect Luis Robert, and is tied at the top with Potomac second baseman Cole Freeman stolen bases (5).
- Seuly Matias, RF – Wilmington Blue Rocks – Kansas City Royals – – 2-3, 2 HR (2,3), 2R, 3RBi, BB, K – – The Royals #6 prospect (Pipeline) has been on a tear with five hits in his last 10 at-bats, including all three of his home runs coming in his last two games.
- Jake Adams, 1B – Fayetteville Woodpeckers – Houston Astros – – 1-4, HR (3), R, RBi, BB – – After going 4-6 with a home run, seven RBi and two runs scored on opening day, Adams has collected only five hits in his last 25 at-bats.
Florida State League:
- Zach Kirtley, 1B – Palm Beach Cardinals – St. Louis Cardinals – – 2-4, HR (2), 2R, 2RBi, BB, K – – After starting the season with one hit in his first nine at-bats, the Cardinals unranked prospect has collected eight hits over his last 18 at-bats (.444) with two home runs in his past two games.
- Chavez Young, RF – Dunedin Blue Jays – Toronto Blue Jays – – 2-4, HR (1), 2B, R, 3RBi
- Isiah Gilliam, RF – Tampa Tarpons – New York Yankees – – 2-4, HR (2), R, 2RBi – – The Yankees 20th rounder (2015) out of Chipola JC (FL) is tied for second in the FSL in total bases (20) with four others after pounding his second home run yesterday.
- Jawuan Harris, CF – Fort Wayne TinCaps – San Diego Padres – – 3-3, HR (1), 2B, 2R, RBi – – After beginning the season 2-for-18 (.111), the 2018 – 7th rounder out of Rutgers has posted five hits over his last nine at-bats, including his first triple on April 11 and a home run yesterday (a two-out solo shot in the 7th) versus Bowling Green.
South Atlantic League:
- Trey Harris, DH – Rome Braves – Atlanta Braves – – 3-5, 3B, 2 2B, 2R, 2RBi – – Harris has shot his way up the South Atlantic League leaderboard thanks to three consecutive games where he’s collected three hits. The Braves 32nd round draft pick last year out of the University of Missouri has a triple in his last two games and knocked two of his three doubles on the season yesterday versus Greenville. The 5’10”- 215 lb. righty started the year 5-for-7 including a home run on Opening Day, but went on a 1-for-11 skid (April 6 thru April 11) until going 9-13 in his last three contests.
- Jamori Blash, 1B – Hagerstown Suns – Washington Nationals – – 2-4, 2 HR (1,2), 2R, 3RBi
- Gilbert Lara, 3B – Hagerstown Suns – Washington Nationals – – 2-4, HR (4), R, 2RBi – – The 21-year-old Dominican native blasted his (now South Atlantic League leading) fourth home run.
- Brian Sharp, 1B – Columbia Fireflies – New York Mets – – 2-5, HR (2), 2R, 3RBi, 2K
- Mark Vientos, 3B – Columbia Fireflies – New York Mets – – 3-5, 2B, 2R, RBi, BB, K
- Ronny Mauricio, SS – Columbia Fireflies – New York Mets – – 4-6, R, RBi, K
- Michael Gigliotti, CF – Lexington Legends – Kansas City Royals – – 2-5, 2 2B, R– The 23-year-old lefty rapped out another two doubles yesterday giving him five in his last four games and seven on the season.
- Alec Bohm, 3B – Lakewood BlueClaws – Philadelphia Phillies – – 2-3, HR (1), R, 3RBi, K – – The Phillies #1 draft pick in 2018 knocked his first round-tripper of the year yesterday.