- It was a night of firsts for the 20th round pick in 2016 out of Hazel Green High School (Alabama). Stewart went all nine innings last night for his first complete game, the longest of his career, and he touched double-digits K’s for another career-high. He also spun a scoreless outing, his second this season, and his 5th start without allowing an earned run. Reports state that Stewart’s velocity has seen an uptick, but there is room for improvement toward his secondary offerings.
- Of late, several pitchers have made their mentions because of being on a roll. Nobody is rolling like Jonathan Hernandez, who pitched his third straight outing where he’s registered double-digit strikeouts. The 6’2″ 175 lb 2017 UTR Organizational All-Star has struck out 31 batters over his last 20 innings and has given up only nine hits and two earned runs. It might be a good time to add Hernandez to your minor league roster or stash him to your fantasy team, if you have a open spot. Hernandez has positioned himself for back to back Top Pitcher of the Month honors, which will be posted this weekend.
LoA Mentions – Starters LHP Zack Draper (LoA Lake County – Cleveland) 23 years old 6 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 0.00 ERA
- Draper makes his first appearance of 2018 and first LoA start after advancing through 3 rookie levels in 2017.
- Career-high in strikeouts for the Blue Jays 2018 “One to Watch”
- Ynoa is resetting things with the Braves after being traded by the Twins for Jaime Garcia. The 6’3″ 175 lb Dominican righty was a Top 20 International prospect in 2014 after being signed as a 16 year old. His stat lines don’t tell that tale, but here’s a good read that may show that the Braves may develop a gem.
HiA Mentions – Starters LHP Brett Adcock (HiA Buies Creek – Houston) 22 years old 5 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K, 2.22 ERA Alex Lange (HiA Myrtle Beach – Chicago Cubs) 23 years old 5 IP, 5 H, 0 ER 1 BB, 5 K, 3.26 ERA, Win 3-2
National League – Relief RHP Blake Rogers (HiA Lake Elsinore – San Diego) 24 years old 2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 3.58 ERA American League – Relief LHP Phillip Diehl (HiA Tampa – New York Yankees) 23 years old 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 3.38 ERA