- The 2018 “One to Watch” pick for the Braves sets a career-high in strikeouts. Javier is in his first full season after spending three seasons in the rookie leagues.
- Lowther was the Top Prospect “Minors” American League Pitcher for April 2018. With his 10 K’s last night, the 2nd round pick from 2017 has already reached double-digit strikeouts in half of his starts this season. Sending batters back to the bench is nothing new for the bulky 6′ 2″ 235 lb lefty. He posted a 12.4 K/9 rate last season (75 K in 54.1 IP) and currently holds a 14.8 rate (51 K in 31 IP) for 2018. An astonishing stat this season is Lowther has only allowed 12 hits thus far in his 6 starts.
LoA Mentions – Starters RHP Kutter Crawford (LoA South Bend – Chicago) 22 years old 6 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 K, 1.70 ERA Zach Logue (LoA Lansing – Toronto) 22 years old 8 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 2.67 ERA, Loss 3-1
- Logue went the distance, but got tangled in pitchers duel last night against the next pitcher on the list. Its was the longest outing for the lefty out of the University of Kentucky (9th Rd – 2017). He took the loss after allowing the only run of the game in the bottom of the 8th inning.
- Ortega gets his first start of 2018 after missing all of last season.
HiA Mentions – Starters RHP Jonathan Hernandez (HiA Down East – Texas) 21 years old 6 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 10 K, 1.94 ERA
- Back to back double-digit strikeout starts for the #17 ranked Top Prospect “Minors” American League Pitcher for April 2018 for the Rangers. His last start saw 11 K’s which marked a career-high for the 2017 UTR Organizational All-Star.
- 10 strikeouts last night sets a career-high
National League – Relief RHP Lukas Schiraldi (HiA Jupiter – Miami) 24 years old 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 0.48 ERA, Save (7)
- Schiraldi would have been the Mariners #1 ranked 2017 UTR Organizational All-Star had he not been traded to the Marlins. He takes the Florida State League lead with his 7th save last night.