- Its been a rollercoaster month since the Dominincan right-hander made mention as the top UTR performer on his first start of 2018. The bulky (6’1″ 235 lb) Vizcaino saw a stretch of four starts where he posted a 7.71 ERA (14 ER on 16.1 IP) and opposing hitters touching him with a .338 BA. Over his last two outings, Vizcaino has a 0.82 ERA, lowered that batting average (.139) and 17 K’s over 11 innings.
- Hernandez could be one of those finds from this site, that could benefit your future fantasy roster. He made his first UTR mention (Honorable Mention) back on July 1st, 2014 as a 17 year old in the DSL. The American born right-hander was an International free agent signee in 2013. He came state-side in 2015 and had a solid season with the AZL Rangers. His prospect stock was beginning to rise only to see a dip with a medicore season during his time a LoA Hickory in 2016. It was to be expected for the then 19 year old, but getting his lumps early can only help later, I say. The projectable (6’2″ 175 lb) righty navigated through two levels last season, and earned his way onto my 2017 UTR Organizational All-Star team. He’s back on the rise this season with his second UTR mention and was the Rangers Top Prospect (#17) on my UTR Top “Minors” Pitcher for April 2018. The Rangers protected Hernandez from December’s Rule 5 draft by adding him to the 40-man roster.
LoA Mentions – Starters RHP Luis Patino (LoA Fort Wayne – San Diego) 18 years old 5 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 1.80 ERA, Win 1-0
- First start of the season after 13 appearances between the DSL and AZL last season.
- Ties his career-high in strikeouts
- 2016 International Watch List
HiA Mentions – Starters RHP Nick Green (HiA Tampa – New York Yankees) 23 years old 6 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 2.50 ERA, Win 4-1 Darren McCaughan (HiA Modesto – Seattle) 22 years old 5 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 2.51 ERA
National League – Relief LHP Logan Salow (LoA Great Lakes – Los Angeles Dodgers) 23 years old 2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 6.00 ERA, Save (1)
- Salow comes over from Oakland from the early season trade that sent Wilmer Font to the Athletics.