- Rodriguez missed the whole 2017 season after having a successful U.S. debut in the Pioneer League. The 6’1″ 185 lb righty posted a 3.78 K/BB ratio in 33.2 innings.
- Alexy was brought to the Rangers in the Yu Darvish trade. Though the deal was made during the 2017 trade deadline, Alexy’s was good enough up through July to sneak into final UTR Organizational All-Star spot with the Dodgers. Unfortunately with the trade, he no longer qualified to be listed with the Dodgers, but his Factor Score (14) would have placed him at the #3 UTR-OAS slot with the Rangers. The 2016 11th round pick out of Twin Valley HS (PA) set a career-high in strikeouts, as he touched double-digits for the first time in his pro outings.
LoA Mentions – Starters RHP Brenan Hanifee (LoA Delmarva – Baltimore) 19 years old 7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 2.45 ERA, Win 3-1 LHP Brendan McKay (LoA Bowling Green – Tampa Bay) 22 years old 4.2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 K, 1.45 ERA RHP Brusdar Graterol (LoA Cedar Rapids – Minnesota) 19 years old 5 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 1.04 ERA
HiA Mentions – Starters LHP Tayler Saucedo (HiA Dunedin – Toronto) 24 years old 7 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 4.88 ERA, Win 1-1 RHP Mauricio Llovera (HiA Clearwater – Philadelphia) 22 years old 6 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K, 1.59 ERA, Loss 2-2
- Llovera was on my pre-season International Watch list in 2016 and just missed a 2016 UTR Organizational All-Star ranking.
National League – Relief RHP Ryan Hendrix (HiA Daytona – Cincinnati) 23 years old 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 1.84 ERA
- Hendrix was a nice UTR surprise last season. Here’s was my blurb in his UTR Organizational All-Star mention: **It always happens…you become focused on a kid like Tanner Rainey and “Bam” another kid, within the system, quietly and blindly posts numbers right on the heels. I was shocked when ran Hendrix’s numbers and how his Factor Score was also one of the highest here at UTRMinors. The 22-year old should continue on at HiA Daytona to begin the 2018 season and his progress can be tracked here. In 78 pro appearances, Hendrix has a 11.7 K/9 rate, but needs to slash into that 4.2 BB/9 rate this season.
- Wilcox finds himself back at Clinton after his Spring assignment at Modesto didn’t go too well (13.50 ERA in 5 appearances).