With a long weekend of fun and travel in the rearview and an active early week decelerating, it’s time to introduce the 2017 Dominican Summer League to daily UTR tracking.
The DSL has long since been a hot bed for UTR talent, their beginnings and these kids usually take up a lot of space on our post season OAS, as well as our Ones to Watch, lists. Unless a player is chronically lighting up the scoreboard, you usually won’t see many of the names we report on here inside mainstream websites or publication lists. And that is the beauty UTRMinors. If a kid performs, you’ll see him here. If they don’t, you won’t. Simple as that. No discrimination, favoritism or limits here. In season’s past, I would generally list the DSL kids with/amongst those playing in full-season leagues and/or short season ball. This year I’ll be doing things slightly different. The DSL will now have their own grouping within my daily post. I firmly believe this will make it easier for readers to track the absolute best, the daily “who’s who” of the DSL, since the league now sits at whopping 40 teams, 10 teams larger than all of HiA (Cal League, Carolina League and Florida State League) combined.
Below you will see the top performers from Tuesday, June 6th. Tomorrow readers will see the DSL kids listed underneath the ‘American League’ section of the UTR HOD daily post. I hope you enjoy and Jim and I appreciate the continued support.
- Juan Carlos Negret, CF – DSL Braves (ATL) –
- 3-4, 2B, 4R, RBi, 2BB, K, SB (1)
- Charles Reyes, DH – DSL Braves (ATL) –
- 3-5, 3B, 2R, 3RBi, BB, K
- Eddie Hernandez, 2B – DSL D-backs1 (ARI) –
- 2-3, 2 2B, 3R, 2RBi, 3BB
- Jose Grulliart, LF – DSL Rockies (COL) –
- 2-4, HR (1), 2B, 2R, 2RBi
- Jhoan Calderon, LF – DSL Dodgers1 (LAD) –
- 2-2, 2B, 3RBi, 2BB, SB (1)
- Maikel Pineda, 1B – DSL Dodgers2 (LAD) –
- 3-4, 2B, 4R, 3RBi, BB
- Raider Brito, RF – DSL Rays1 (TB) –
- 2-4, HR (1), 2R, RBi, BB, SB (1)
- Anthony Coronado, LF – DSL White Sox (CWS) –
- 4-4, 2 2B, 3R, 2RBi, BB
- Daniel Ozoria, SS – DSL Angels (LAA) –
- 2-3, 3B, 2R, 2RBi, BB, K, SB (2)
- Stanley Martinez, 1B – DSL Rangers1 (TEX) –
- 3-4, HR (1), R, 2RBi