TOP NL UTR PITCHING PERFORMANCE RHP Nabil Crismatt (HiA St Lucie – New York Mets) 22 years old 7 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 11 K, Win Season Stats: 2-4, 3.68 ERA, 44 IP, 45 H, 18 ER, 15 BB, 42 K in 8 starts
- Crismatt was “Just off my Scope” last season and has been solid since hitting a bump in two late April starts. The 2015 UTR Organizational All-Star matched his career-high with 11 K’s last night versus Dunedin (Toronto) in seven innings. Having Travis d’Arnaud behind the plate, making a rehab start helps too…..read this storyline by MiLB.com here.
- The Reds 11th ranked prospect took a perfect game into the 7th inning last night, before giving up two hits to Bowling Green (TB).
- The Top NL Prospect Pitcher for April leads all LoA pitchers in ERA and is 2nd in (54) strikeouts. He’s the D-Backs #9 ranked prospect.
- Supak leads all LoA pitchers in FIP (2.00), WHIP (0.75) and with a 29.6 K/BB%.
- De Horta makes his first start of 2017 after spending time in extended spring training. The righty was my “One to Watch” back in 2014, but hasn’t been able to get on-track. Staying healthy has been a concern, but he showed enough in 2015 to make my Padres Organizational All-Star roster.
TOP AL UTR PITCHING PERFORMANCE RHP Jaime Barria (HiA Inland Empire – Los Angeles Angels) 20 years old 7 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, Win Season Stats: 3-3, 2.18 ERA, 53.2 IP 38 H, 13 ER, 8 BB, 46 K in 9 starts
- Barria is the youngest pitcher at the HiA level and leads the league in innings with 53.2 IP and WHIP (0.86). The 2016 UTR Organizational All-Star was the Angels UTRMinors Top Prospect Pitcher for April. The 6’1″ 210 lb right-hander is the Angels #10 ranked prospect.
- Martinez makes his first appearance in 2017 charging out of the gate and matching his career-high nine strikeouts over 5 innings. Martinez was signed back in 2011 and didn’t make his debut until 2014 due to TJ surgery. This his third stint with the Intimidators, after the White Sox aggressively assigned him there in 2015 as a 20-year old with only 58.1 pro innings. He was over-matched in posting a 4-14 record and a 5.38 ERA. The following season went much better, as the 6’6″ 190 lb right-hander finished third in the SAL with 141 strikeouts in 137 innings. This earned him a spot as a White Sox 2016 UTR Organizational All-Star.
- Lake County has faced Sodders three times over his seven starts, and they haven’t been able to crack the 7th round pick from 2016. In 17 innings against the Captains, Sodders hasn’t allowed a single run, limited hitters to 8 hits, while striking out 25 and allowing three walks. Lake County isn’t the only team finding tough sledding against the southpaw. The Tigers #16 ranked prospect has only allowed three earned run over his 7 starts (37 IP), which places him behind D-Backs prospect Jon Duplantier (0.64) for the HiA ERA lead.
- Extends scoreless streak to 19.1 innings and makes his third appearance as the AL top relief pitcher of the day – May 11th & May 14th