TOP NL UTR PITCHING PERFORMANCE RHP Jefry Rodriguez (HiA Potomac – Washington) 23 years old 8 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K, Win Season Stats: 3-1, 3.19 ERA, 31 IP, 23 H, 11 ER, 5 BB, 32 K in 5 starts
- Rodriguez has a projectable frame (6’5″- 195 lbs) to go along with an electric arm that can reach the upper 90’s. He had that heater going last night as it carried no-hitter into the 8th inning. He was assigned at LoA Hagerstown to start the 2015 season where he made 9 starts. After posting a 7.45 ERA with 23 strikeouts and 22 walks, he was demoted to Short-Season Auburn. He got his first full season returning to Hagerstown in 2016 and showed improvement.
- Padres #19 ranked prospect
- Phillies #7 ranked prospect and 2016 UTR Organizational All-Star
- Reds #9 ranked prospect
TOP AL UTR PITCHING PERFORMANCE LHP Jeffrey Springs (HiA Down East – Texas) 24 year old 6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 10 K, Loss Seasons Stats: 0-3, 4.70 ERA, 23 IP, 25 H, 12 ER, 8 BB, 35 K in 5 starts
- Since being drafted in the 30th round in 2015, Springs made 47 relief appearances from short-season rookie ball to the HiA Level. His performance earned him my post season UTR Organizational All-Star honor for 2015 and 2016. Nine of this last 10 appearances last season with HiA High Desert were made as a starter and the results were mixed in posting a 6.18 ERA over 39.1 innings with 38 K’s and 18 walks. The Rangers made an affiliate move from California League to the Carolina League (Down East) and placed Springs into the rotation. Results over 5 starts are again mixed, but with areas of improvement, especially the 13.7 K9 rate.
- Red Sox #13 ranked prospect
- Angels #10 ranked prospect and 2016 UTR Organizational All-Star
- 2016 “One to Watch”