TOP NL UTR PITCHING PERFORMANCE LHP Scott Moss (LoA Dayton – Cincinnati) 22 years old 6 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 8 K, Win Season Stats: 2-1, 3.12 ERA, 26 IP, 21 H, 9 ER, 8 BB, 41 K in 5 starts
- After earning a UTR-Pitcher of the Day on April 23rd, where he turned in a career-high 11 K’s, Moss follows up with another strong start. Moss was a 4th round selection out of baseball power University of Florida in 2016. He’s an enigma, being a high draft pick in that only pitched 23 collegiate innings. He hit the Reds radar after throwing six shutout innings against LSU during the SEC Tourney. The 6′ 5″- 215 lb. lefty possesses raw tools highlighted by a 95 mph fastball.
- Cubs top pitching prospect (#4) matches his career-high in strikeouts, a record set during his final start in 2016 (Sept. 5th). He’s struggled with his control allowing 15 walks in 23.2 innings over his 5 starts. It’s been an issue since becoming a pro, but he’s counteracted with high strikeout rates. Cease posted a 6.0 BB9 / 9.4 K9 rates in 2015 and 5.0 BB9 and increased his K9 to a 13.3 rate.
- Braves #24 ranked prospect
- Lauer, ranked #13 within the Padres system, had the longest outing of his career last night. He took the 2-1 loss after a rough bottom half of the 6th inning. He walked the first batter, gave-up two singles and a sac bunt to score the two runs for an Inland Empire win. He was the UTR-POD on April 17th.
- Payamps is back at Visalia after a spot start at Triple-A Reno where he threw six scoreless innings. He was a 2016 UTR Organizational All-Star.
TOP AL UTR PITCHING PERFORMANCE LHP Austin Sodders (LoA Lakeland – Detroit) 22 years old 6 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 10 K, Win Season Stats: 2-0, 0.90 ERA, 20 IP, 13 H, 2 ER, 6 BB, 25 K 4 starts
- The Tigers #16 ranked prospect just turned 22 yesterday and he celebrated by eclipsing his career-high strikeouts from his last outing (9), with 10 K’s against Lake County (Cleveland). Sodders has 19 strikeouts in 11 innings over his last two starts. He doesn’t overpower hitters with swing-and-miss stuff, but with pin-point control of a 88-92 mph fastball and developing changeup.
- Red Sox’s #12 ranked prospect is stringing together solid starts and chipping away at his ERA. The righty only lasted 2 innings in his LoA debut on April 8th, giving up 9 earned runs (40.50 ERA). Over his last 4 starts, Shawaryn has only allowed 3 ER in 21.1 innings with 30 strikeouts. He was the Pitcher of the Day on April 24th
- A 2015 UTR Organizational All-Star, Navas was on the losing end versus Lansing (Toronto) but sets career-high with 10 strikeouts.
- Santos first start for 2017. The 21 year-old righty was the #19 ranked prospect with the SF Giants and had a strong 2016 with LoA Augusta. He was included in the trade that sent Rays LHP Matt Moore to the Giants for Matt Duffy and Lucius Fox.