- Silva makes it back-to-back mentions over his last two starts where he goes 6 innings with 9 strikeouts.
RHP Sixto Sanchez (GCL Phillies – Philadelphia) 17 years old 5 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 B, 8 K, 0.90 ERA, Win 2-0
- The youngster shown some flashes last season in his pro debut within the DSL. Phillies must been be high on him to bring him state-side and giving him the ball on opening day. Little info is to be found on the 5′ 10″ 160 lbs righhander, but he looking good in both his starts, so far.
No UTR Pitcher Qualified for Mention Appy League LHP Domenick Carlini (Elizabethton – Minnesota) 22 years old 6 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, 0.75 ERA, L0ss 1-1
- 2016 21st round pick takes the loss after throwing a one-hitter. His defense let him down by committing an error with 2-outs in the 4th inning. After walking the next hitter, Caralini gives up his only hit….a 2-run double to Pulaski’s Tim Lynch, who already has four 2-sackers in 5 games for the Yankees.
- In his pro debut season after spent time the Independent League.
- 2015 OAS (Relief)
- Making his 1st HiA start after going 5-2 with a 2.65 ERA (14 BB / 77 K) over 68 innings.
- 2016 “One to Watch”
- 2015 OAS
- Looking deep within his numbers, the 8th round pick from 2015 isn’t doing as bad as his 2-8 record with a 4.83 ERA will dictate. He’s cut back “slightly” in walks issued (2.0) and a nudge upward in strikeouts (9.0) per 9 innings from his debut season. Its the .363 batting average against with runners on that’s been the Achilles heel. Still a “One to Watch” in his sophomore season and having these successes in a hitters league.